Job Title: Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN)
JOB STATUS: Full Time or Part Time Contractor
- Monitor patients’ medication usage and results.
- Document patients’ medical and psychological histories, physical assessment results, diagnoses, treatment plans, prescriptions, or outcomes.
- Diagnose psychiatric disorders and mental health conditions.
- Evaluate patients’ behavior to formulate diagnoses or assess treatments.
- Distinguish between physiologically and psychologically based disorders and diagnose appropriately.
- Assess patients’ mental and physical status based on the presenting symptoms and complaints.
- Educate patients and family members about mental health and medical conditions, preventive health measures, medications, or treatment plans.
- Write prescriptions for psychotropic medications as allowed by state regulations and collaborative practice agreements.
- Collaborate with interdisciplinary team members, including psychiatrists, psychologists, or nursing staff, to develop, implement, or evaluate treatment plans.
- Develop and implement treatment plans.
- Participate in activities aimed at professional growth and development including conferences or continuing education activities.
- Interpret diagnostic or laboratory tests such as electrocardiograms (EKGs) and renal functioning tests.
- Consult with psychiatrists or other professionals when unusual or complex cases are encountered.
- Develop practice protocols for mental health problems based on review and evaluation of published research.
- Refer patients requiring more specialized or complex treatment to psychiatrists, primary care physicians, or other medical specialists.
- Develop, implement, or evaluate programs such as outreach activities, community mental health programs, and crisis situation response activities.
- Teach classes in mental health topics such as stress reduction.
- Administer medications including those administered by injection.
- Monitor the use and status of medical and pharmaceutical supplies.
- Provide routine physical health screenings to detect or monitor problems such as heart disease and diabetes.
- Treat patients for routine physical health problems.
- Experienced with Electronic Health Records
- Basic computer skills, drivers license
- Experienced with ePrescribe software
- Must be able to communicate effectively in written and verbal format
- Ability to provide guidance and treatment recommendations during case consultations
KEY PERFORMANCE INDICATORS:
- Documentation will be completed by end of shift on the date service provided
- Return all phone/email inquiries from individuals within 24 hours
- Obtain productivity standard associated with job status
- Minimum 95% clean claims submission the first time
- Completion of required training a minimum of 24 hours prior to due date
- Maintain professional licensure
- APRN who is licensed to practice medicine in Georgia, board-certified in psychiatry, 5+ years experience providing services for children, adolescents, adults and elderly
- Must be able to order & prescribe medication to Medicaid individuals
- The candidate must possess a valid State of Georgia driver’s license and reliable transportation.
- Must maintain full car insurance coverage, successfully pass a criminal background check and subsequent routine checks, and maintain qualifying and necessary certifications or licensures required by the agency or state.
- Experience with co-occurring disorders
- Current CPR certified
- Experience with providing telemedicine treatments or willing to learn.**
- Proficiency with computers, the internet, email and MS Office products as well as own a personal computer, printer and mobile phone.